Deme History Links
Django Deme (v0.9, 2008- )
- Todd R. Davies and Mike D. Mintz, "Design Features for the Social Web: The Architecture of Deme", in Luis Olsina, Oscar Pastor, Daniel Schwabe, Gustavo Rossi, and Marco Winckler (Editors), Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Web-Oriented Software Technologies (IWWOST 2009), CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Volume 493, August 2009, pp. 40-51.
- Todd Davies and Mike D. Mintz, "Relational Access Control with Bivalent Permissions in a Social Web/Collaboration Architecture", in Waleed W. Smari and William MacQuay (Editors), Proceedings of the 2010 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems (CTS 2010), IEEE, 2010, pp. 57-66.
- Todd Davies, Mike D. Mintz, Jimmy Tobin, and Noam Ben-Avi, "Document-Centered Discussion and Decision Making in the Deme Platform", Demo Abstract, in Waleed W. Smari and Geoffrey C. Fox (Editors) and Li Bai (Assistant Editor), Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2012) (Denver, May 21-25), IEEE, 2012, pp. lxv-lxviii
Ruby on Rails Deme (v0.7-0.8, 2006-2008)
PHP Deme (v0.0.1-0.6, 2003-2006)
- Todd Davies, Benjamin Sywulka, Randy Saffold, and Roma Jhaveri, "Community Democracy Online: A Preliminary Report from East Palo Alto", 98th American Political Science Association Annual Meeting, Boston, August 2002
- Todd Davies, Brendan O'Connor, Alex Cochran, and Andrew Parker, "`Groupware for Groups': Problem-Driven Design in Deme", position paper from the Beyond Threaded Conversation Workshop at CHI 2005, Portland, Oregon, April 2005.
- Todd Davies, Benjamin Newman, Brendan O'Connor, Aaron Tam, and Leo Perry, "Displaying Asynchonous Reactions to a Document: Two Goals and a Design", Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, 20th Anniversary - Conference Supplement, Banff, November 2006, pp. 169-170.
- Todd Davies, Benjamin Newman, Brendan O'Connor, Aaron Tam, and Leo Perry, "Document Centered Discussion: A Design Pattern for Online Deliberation", in Douglas Schuler, Liberating Voices: A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution, MIT Press, 2008, pp. 384-386.
- Todd Davies, Brendan O’Connor, Alex Cochran, Jonathan J. Effrat, Andrew Parker, Benjamin Newman, and Aaron Tam, "An Online Environment for Democratic Deliberation: Motivations, Principles, and Design", CSLI Publications, 2009, pp. 275-292.